The District is beginning its second round of consultations with the school community May/June, 2019, and all information shared with the school community will be available on this site and found below.
For all early information and feedback shared during the first round of community consultation, please visit the archived website here (Winter, 2018/2019).
As experienced in the first round of consultations, the Newfoundland and Labrador English School District is using a new way of collecting input. ThoughtExchange is a platform which will allow the school community to engage in an online conversation on the planned configuration. Therefore, the District would like to get everyone's input on this question:
After reviewing our planned configuration, what are the most important things for us to consider to make this plan successful?
The results of this ThoughtExchange will help the Board of Trustees decide which students will feed into the new intermediate school and help guide future planning initiatives.
All voices matter, so your participation is crucial and valued. Please take the time to thoughtfully participate before 11:59 p.m., Thursday, June 13, 2019.
You will be prompted to add and verify your email address, and create a password you will remember in order to participate in this online conversation. ThoughtExchange will allow you to share our own individual thoughts, consider and rate the thoughts of others, and learn what is important to the community. It will be important to not only share your thought but explain why it is important, as it will help others determine if they agree. ThoughtExchange keeps confidential who shared each thought and who assigned what ratings.
- May 30, 2019 - Information shared with the school community on the students who will feed into the new Paradise Intermediate. A second ThoughtExchange opportunity will open to school communities for input (Round Two). This survey opportunity outlines a single planned configuration for how the new intermediate school will impact the Holy Spirit High and Mount Pearl Senior High School Feeder Systems. This option has been informed by the information received in Round One consultations.
- June 13, 2019 - The ThoughtExchange opportunity will close as of 11:59 p.m. Thursday, June 13.
- Summer, 2019 - Board trustees will review and consider the feedback received from the school community throughout the ThoughtExchange process. Trustees may be in a position to vote on the proposed new feeder system structure as of the September 7 public meeting of the Board of Trustees.
- Consultation with the school councils of all schools involved (10 in total);
- An inclusive survey mechanism (ThoughtExchange) will be provided for members of the school communities to outline values to be considered during the review (Step One);
- A report on the results will be provided to the school community;
- The District and ThoughtExchange will analyze the results of the survey and finalize formal options for a new feeder system design;
- A second ThoughtExchange survey will be provided for members of the school communities to provide input and feedback into the planned configuration developed (Step Two);
- A report on the results of Step Two will be provided to the school community will be provided to the school communities by the end of the 2018-19 school year; and,
- A public meeting of the Newfoundland and Labrador English School Board in which trustees will vote on a final feeder system configuration for the Holy Spirit High and Mount Pearl Senior High school systems (potentially as early as September, 2019).
Should you have any questions about this process, please contact the Director of Schools for your school system:
Holy Spirit High School System
(Octagon Pond Elementary, Holy Family Elementary, Topsail Elementary, Villanova Junior High, Holy Spirit High)
Leo Etchegary · 709-758-2351 (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mount Pearl Senior High School System
(Morris Academy, Elizabeth Park Elementary, Paradise Elementary, Mount Pearl Intermediate, Mount Pearl Senior High)
Wilhelmena Hardy · 709-758-2762 (Email: email@example.com)