- School Zones Realignment-Approved (November 28, 2017)
- Deadline for Feedback Extended (October 19, 2017)
- Reminder of Feedback Deadline (October 19, 2017)
- Information Sessions (September 27, 2017)
- Notification of Date Changes (September 21, 2017)
- Memo to Parents and Guardians (September 21, 2017)
- Memo to Parents and Guardians (June 14, 2017)
- Memo to Parents and Guardians (June 6, 2017)
WHEREAS the Newfoundland and Labrador English School District is committed to providing the best possible educational programs for students; and,
WHEREAS change of catchment zone is required to achieve that objective;
BE IT RESOLVED that:
The catchment zones for Mary Queen of Peace and East Point Elementary be realigned so that East Point Elementary's Exclusive Family Responsibility Zone, with the exception of Gregory Street, Lucy Rose Lane, and Gerard Place, attends East Point Elementary, effective September 2018.
These modified student attendance zones are essentially what was referred to as Option 2 during the consultation process, and makes areas within the 1.6 kilometres family responsibility zone the attendance zone of East Point Elementary. Residents of Gregory Street, Lucyrose Lane, and Gerard Place are excluded and will continue to attend Mary Queen of Peace Elementary. For families interested in availing of the Opt Out provision, information will be available later in the school year. Further information on the Opt Out provision and student transportation are available in the November 28, 2017 memo above.
Should you have any questions about the new student attendance zones effective September 2018, please contact your school administration.