If you missed the opportunity to register online, please contact your zoned school as soon as possible.
Kinderstart / Kindergarten Online Registration for 2019-20 school year begins the second week of May 2018.
Kinderstart/Kindergarten Registration Video
The Newfoundland and Labrador English School District will begin online registration for the English and Early French Immersion Kinderstart/Kindergarten programs in May. Specific dates and times are found below.
Children must be five years of age on or before December 31, 2018 in order to register.
Please note this registration process is for children who will attend Kinderstart in the upcoming 2017-2018 school year and Kindergarten in the 2018-2019 school year. Children registered in Kinderstart will automatically be registered to attend Kindergarten in September 2018.
You will need your child's MCP number, proof of your address and you will be asked to provide emergency contact information as part of the registration process.
- MCP number including expiration date;
- An email address in order to receive confirmation of receipt of your application;
- Phone contact number and an emergency contact phone number; and,
- An Internet-ready device
- For the Labrador, Western and Central Region (includes Burin and Vista), online registration will begin at 9:00 a.m. (8:30 a.m. in Labrador) on Monday, May 8, 2017 and remain open until 9:00 p.m. (8:30 p.m. in labrador) on Tuesday, May 9th, 2017.
- For the Eastern Region, online registration will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 10th and remain open until 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 11th, 2017.
- To complete the registration process, proof of address and confirmation of MCP number must be provided in person at the designated school on or before May 26, 2017.
- Any parents/guardians requiring Internet access or technical support may visit their zoned school during registration times for assistance. Please contact your zoned school by May 4, 2017 to arrange assistance during the registration process.
- Any parent/guardian having registration issues (questions on the registration process, details to provide, or errors in the data submitted) while completing the form on registration day may contact/visit their zoned school for assistance.
If you missed the online registration, you can still register at your zoned school.
If you have any questions regarding the Kinderstart/Kindergarten program and registration,
please contact/visit your zoned school for assistance or contact your local regional office and the Assistant Director of Education for Programs in your region.
- For Labrador Region
· Tel: (709) 896-2431
- For Western Region
· Tel: (709) 637-4000
- For Central Region (including Vista and Burin areas)
· Tel: (709) 256-2547
- For Eastern Region (Avalon West, Avalon East and St. John's Metro area)
· Tel: (709) 758-2372
French Immersion is a program designed for non-francophone children. Parents/guardians interested in registering a child for the French Immersion Kindergarten Program must select their zoned school. If Early French Immersion is not offered in the zoned school, parents/guardians must select the school closest to their place of residence that offers Early French Immersion.
Early French Immersion Kindergarten registration takes place on a first-come basis. Applications will be dated and time-stamped upon submission of the online application form. All students are entitled to a program in English so if your child is waitlisted for Early French Immersion at a school that is not your zoned school, space will be held at the zoned school. Parents/guardians will be provided with further information once class lists for Early French Immersion are finalized in September.
For a list of schools offering the Early French Immersion Program, click here.
For more information about the French Immersion Program, click here.