Kinderstart/Kindergarten Registration Video
Online Registration for Kindergarten for September 2019 (Kinderstart for September 2018) will begin in May 2018 for both the English and Early French Immersion programs. Specific dates and times are found below.
Children must be five years of age on or before December 31, 2019 in order to register.
Please note this registration process is for children who will attend Kinderstart in the upcoming 2018-2019 school year and Kindergarten in the 2019-2020 school year. Children registered in Kinderstart will automatically be registered to attend Kindergarten in September 2019.
- MCP number including expiration date;
- An email address in order to receive confirmation of receipt of your application;
- Contact phone number and an emergency contact phone number; and,
- An Internet-ready device
- For the Avalon Region, online registration will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 and remain open until 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 10, 2018.
- For the Labrador, Western and Central Region (includes Burin and Vista), online registration will begin at 9:00 a.m. (8:30 a.m. in Labrador) on Monday, May 14, 2018 and remain open until 9:00 p.m. (8:30 p.m. in labrador) on Tuesday, May 15, 2018.
- To complete the registration process, proof of address and confirmation of MCP number must be provided in person at the designated school on or before May 31, 2018.
- Any parents/guardians requiring Internet access or technical support may visit their zoned school during registration times for assistance. Please contact your zoned school by May 3, 2018 to arrange assistance during the registration process.
- Any parent/guardian having registration issues (questions on the registration process, details to provide, or errors in the data submitted) while completing the form on registration day may contact/visit their zoned school for assistance.
If you have any questions regarding the Kinderstart/Kindergarten program and registration,
please contact/visit your zoned school for assistance or contact your local regional office and the Assistant Director of Education for Programs in your region.
- For Labrador Region
· Tel: (709) 896-2431
- For Western Region
· Tel: (709) 637-4000
- For Central Region (including Vista and Burin areas)
· Tel: (709) 256-2547
- For Eastern Region (Avalon West, Avalon East and St. John's Metro area)
· Tel: (709) 758-2372
French Immersion is a program designed for non-francophone children. Parents/guardians interested in registering a child for the French Immersion Kindergarten Program must select their zoned school. If Early French Immersion is not offered in the zoned school, parents/guardians must select the school closest to their place of residence that offers Early French Immersion.
Early French Immersion Kindergarten registration takes place on a first-come basis. Applications will be dated and time-stamped upon submission of the online application form. All students are entitled to a program in English so if your child is waitlisted for Early French Immersion at a school that is not your zoned school, space will be held at the zoned school. Parents/guardians will be provided with further information once class lists for Early French Immersion are finalized in September.
For a list of schools offering the Early French Immersion Program, click here.
For more information about the French Immersion Program, click here.
The Newfoundland and Labrador English School District will be holding public information sessions in the coming weeks for families interested in learning about the Early French Immersion (EFI) program. These sessions are for parents and guardians considering registering for EFI for the 2019-2020 school year.
- April 26, 2018 (Thursday) @ Paradise Elementary
- May 2, 2018 (Wednesday) @ Beachy Cove Elementary
- May 3, 2018 (Thursday) @ District Conference Centre
If you are unable to attend a session in your area or you are unsure of which session to attend, you may attend a session that works best for you.